Sunday, 28 September 2014

Going Out Make Up #1

First off, sorry about the grossly oversized photo of my face but I figured if I was going to talk through a make-up look then I probably should have one. I wore this make-up for a night out last week (of which, the outfit post is just below) and thought, just to mix things up a bit, I would show you what products I used. It's quite a simple look, as I didn't want to have both smokey eyes and a strong lip colour. 

Face
I always start off by applying my base, which in this case consisted of Benefit's The Porefessional (not pictured) and Revlon PhotoReady foundation. The Porefessional is my absolute favourite primer as it makes my skin feel silky smooth and only a minuscule amount is required which means the tube lasts for ages. I don't really wear it day-to-day as I don't feel my skin needs it, but for a night out I always think a primer is a necessity to make sure my foundation lasts. The PhotoReady foundation is perfect for going out as it does exactly what it says on the tin - makes your skin "photo ready"; the foundation achieves this by using photo chromatic particles which diffuse the light. These particles look a bit like glitter if you look at your face close-up when you've got the foundation on but it doesn't look OTT. 

For both my going-out make up and my every day make up I tend to use Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzer to do a bit of contouring and to make me look a little bit more sun kissed. To be honest, I haven't quite mastered the art of contouring, but having pinned so many contouring tutorials on Pinterest I should soon be a pro! 

The blusher I have recently started using is by So Susan and I actually received it free in a GlossyBox. It's really nicely pigmented and adds a lovely rosy glow to your cheeks. To finish off the look I just dusted over Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder; in hindsight I probably should have piled this on as I am looking rather shiny in the photo haha. 

Eyes
I didn't really do much with my eyes. I dotted a little bit of Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in the inner corners of my eyes which is supposed to make them look bigger...I'm not totally convinced this works but hey, it looks kinda pretty. I then lined my eyes with the best liquid eyeliner around, L'oreal Superliner Black Laquer and did a mini cat-eye flick. My eyebrows, which desperately need threading, were set in place by Maybelline Brow Drama which is the best eyebrow mascara I have found. I didn't fill them in with anything on this occasion but I often use the HD Eye & Brow Palette. I finished off my eyes with a slick of Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme Mascara which is super volumising, having already curled my lashes with eyelash curlers. 

Lips
I finished off the whole look with one of my favourite lipsticks, Topshop's Beguiled. I have a rather hefty collection of Topshop lipsticks and I love their formula. It is quite matt but also applies smoothly without completely drying out your lips. Before applying this, I lined and filled in my lips with Topshop's lip liner in Deception which is quite a good match for the lipstick.

So! There we have it, they are all the make up products I used for this look. I hope you enjoyed this post, I just thought it would make a bit of a change to the usual outfit posts and I am hoping to add a lot more beauty/lifestyle posts to the blog. What are your go-to going out make-up products?


No comments:

Post a Comment