Monday, 22 September 2014

Is It Still Summer?!

Top - Zara, Skirt - Topshop, Ballet Pumps - Topshop, Watch - Marc Jacobs

Today I woke up and could not believe it when I looked out of my window onto Selly Oak and saw just how sunny it was. Stepping outside on my way to the gym I was even happier when I realised that not only was it sunny but it was also WARM. Wow, England, you really are somehow clinging on to summer. Anyway, I thought it would be shame if I didn’t also cling onto summer by being as summery as possible by baring my legs and obviously wearing white.

This skirt was a beginning of summer purchase and has fared me well throughout July and August. Unfortunately I may or may not have shrunk it on it’s first wash so it is now a bit too short but I have continued to wear it anyway because it is just too gorgeous not too. I paired it with a grey t-shirt from Zara as this is just a wardrobe essential if you ask me, as are my pink satin ballet pumps from Topshop. Not sure how well they will fare in Autumn/Winter though.

Unfortunately, upon my return to university over the weekend I completely forgot to bring any sunglasses with me as I was clearly being pessimistic and thinking I wouldn’t need them. How wrong I was! So I have had to borrow my boyfriend’s Rayban’s but I figured that this was fair game seen as I bought them for him! Rayban clubmaster’s are such a classic and I would have bought a pair for myself if I hadn’t been quite so conscious of the fact that we might have looked like we tried to “co-ordinate”  our outfits whenever we go out. We aren’t quite Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears just yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment