Friday, 19 September 2014

The Perfect Plaid

Top - Topshop, Skirt - ASOS, Shoes - New Look, Shirt - Monki

After months of searching for a plaid shirt I have finally found my saviour in the form of this little number from Monki. Admittedly, it spends most of its time wrapped around my waist but I'm sure as summer turns into Autumn it'll have its time to shine as an actual shirt. This summer I have often taken to wrapping a shirt around my waist just to liven up an all black outfit or to try and make an outfit less body-con. The shoes from New Look are a mega bargain and are really comfortable so I advise anyone reading this to snap them up quick! There's no point spending a small fortune on plimsolls from Topshop or River Island when the New Look shoe department is so good. 

I wore this outfit to go for a casual dinner with my friends from home for one last catch up before we all head back to different universities  We went to a lovely little restaurant called The Blacksmiths Arms which is local to wear we all live. We stuffed our faces with bread, risottos and burgers and it was all delicious. The shirt was definitely needed then to cover up my bloated, too-full tummy but it was totally worth it! Here's a picture of the beautiful girls themselves, aren't they lush?!

2 comments: