Thursday, 9 October 2014

Birthday Date

Dress - Missguided, Coat - Similar, Shoes - Zara

Quick-ish post today because I seem to have neglected a lot of chores this week so need to get on top of them! Last night I was whisked away by my lovely boyfriend, Owen, on a dinner date. I had no idea where we were going, but we both decided to dress up smart for the occasion as it was to celebrate my 22nd birthday!  

He ended up taking me to a little pub (The New Inn, Harborne) where we had a couple of drinks (g&t for me, beer for him) then onto a gorgeous little italian called Buonissimo. The food here was absolutely delicious and I have never had such good service at a restaurant. All the staff were really friendly and accommodating, and when my birthday cake came out (serious boyfriend points earned) they sang Happy Birthday in perfect harmony and I even got a birthday kiss from the owner! Unfortunately I don't have many food pictures from the evening, but if any of you live in the Birmingham area I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. 

As for the clothes, I wore this super simple Missguided dress. Missguided is fast becoming one of my favourite shops for going out/party clothes. It is so affordable and the free next day delivery (when you spend over £60 (woopsy!)) is music to my ears. I can't wait to have a look at their new Nicole Scherzinger collection. Both the shoes and the coat are purchases from last year, but have lasted well. The shoes are really comfortable, and Zara are always doing styles like this so if you are after a pair similar it might be worth taking a look in your local store. 

1 comment: