Thursday, 2 October 2014

September Favourites

Hey Hey Heeey! In an attempt to mix things up a bit on the blog, I have decided to introduce a few new "features", if you can call them that. The first of these is a 'Monthly Favourites' series where I discuss things such as my favourite beauty item, song and food for the month just gone. As it's the 2nd of October today (woops a bit late), it obviously made sense to start this now.

Beauty
So, to get the ball rolling I thought I'd start off with my favourite beauty product of September which is this Topshop Lip Bullet in Crave. It is a great neutral colour with a slight coral-y tinge. It is a gorgeous every day colour and super creamy so it doesn't dry your lips out so you actually can wear it Every. Single. Day! What's not to love, really?! Topshop lip products really are the best, and they have so many different shades these days that there is something for everybody. I can't wait to get my hands on some more of these lip bullets.

Clothing 
Not the most exciting of items in this category today but extremely practical. I have worn this shirt from Monki countless times since I bought it in the summer, and here's why:
1) It goes with everything; jeans, shorts, skirts, trousers, you name it and this shirt will go with it. You can wear it as a shirt, around your waist, open over a vest; it is just so versatile. 
2) It is very 'scrunchable'. If you are unsure how long you are going to be out for, or can't be certain of the weather than this shirt is perfect to just scrunch up and throw into your handbag just incase it gets a bit chilly. In fact, being a bit crumpled probably only adds to the casual character of the shirt so the more creased the better!
3) If you have a fancy dress party to go to, you need to look no further than this shirt. HELLO COWGIRL! Much cheaper and more realistic than the 'Sexy Cowgirl' costume from your local fancy dress shop haha.

Book
I have set myself a new resolution to read more. I find it ridiculously easy to read novels when I am away on holiday over the summer and can easily read 5 or more books in a week, but as soon as I get back onto home soil the temptation of internet and television all becomes a bit too much and I just don't see reading as appealing anymore. This is all about to change; I am determined to read at least one book a month for the foreseeable future and this month it was 'The Rosie Project' by Don Tillman. This book is AMAZING, I cannot stress enough that if you have not read it yet then you need to read it. It is laugh out loud funny as well as quite touching at times. The main character is similar to Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory, but more likeable. Please, anyone reading this blog, go out and buy/borrow this book now!


Music
Ok, so I realise I am super late on the band wagon when it comes to alt-J (∆) (http://www.altjband.com) but boy am I on the band wagon now. Having spent the summer listening to a lot of my boyfriend's music, this song has become a firm favourite of mine. I don't care if it came out 2 years ago and everyone is probably already over it, I love it. I have heard mixed reviews about their new album but have not had the chance to listen to it yet, but I'm really hoping it doesn't disappoint.

Food
I am a massive foodie. I would actually say I spend at least 50% of my day thinking/talking about food if not more. However, having stuffed my face over summer I am desperately trying to get back into healthy eating. This Cinnamon Pecan Granola by Deliciously Ella is the perfect way to get your day off to a good start. It is packed with oats, nuts and dried fruits and is ridiculously easy to make. I was a bit dubious when I first made this that it would taste bland, but it actually is lovely and cinnamon-y and fills you up for a long time. 

Drink
Last, but not least, I come to my favourite beverage of the month. This tea goes hand-in-hand with the granola as it is good for you and a little spicy. I absolutely adore Chai Tea and cannot resist a Chai  Latte at Starbucks in winter, but this Green Tea Chai is a bit better than both of those as not only does it taste great but it also has all the benefits of normal green tea. I won't bore you with those benefits now, but click here if you fancy reading about them. 

Quite a long post today, but I always find it so interesting reading about other people's recommendations so I hope it hasn't been too boring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment