Sunday, 2 November 2014

October Favourites

So, it's that time of the month again. No, no, not THAT time…monthly favourites time! Once again, it is a little bit late but what can I say other than that my organisation hasn’t been amazing lately. Anyway…here we go…I hope you enjoy!

Food - My favourite foody item of October would have to be 9 bars. I have tried most of the flavours but the best, in my opinion, is the fruity option. All the flavours are stuffed to the brim with seeds and nuts and topped with carob (which tastes the same as chocolate but with better health benefits). Although the bars are fairly calorific, they most certainly aren’t filled with ‘empty calories’. The seeds and nuts (and fruit in some) are all full of nutrients, so as well as gaining energy you are also treating your body to some goodness. I usually take one of these to uni and eat it in the middle of a four hour lecture stint (all in the same lecture theatre may I add) and it usually just about keeps me going.

Drink - Ok, now if this isn’t random I don’t know what is. Fizzy water?! I hear you ask. I know it isn’t exciting but I really do think it is so much better than still water. So many people I know don’t like it, but I think you should give it another chance. It has a slightly different taste to tap water (which I personally like) but fills you up so much more. Also, when it's been in the fridge it is the most refreshing thing ever!

Clothing Item - These Topshop ripped jeans are my go-to wardrobe essential at the moment (as featured in Windswept and Up, Up and Away). They are so comfortable and go with just about anything. I’m not overly keen on huge rips but I think these are just the right size. The one down side of these jeans is that they get baggy around the waist very quickly, but that happens with most stretchy jeans so I’m just going to have to put up with it!

Beauty Item - L’orĂ©al Nude Magique Eau de Teint Foundation was a risky purchase this month. I ran out of my Revlon PhotoReady foundation that I raved about in my last monthly favourites but decided to try out something new. Now, I am not sure I would say this L’oreal foundation is quite as good but it sure does give it a run for its money. Its finish is more matte, but this actually leaves the skin feeling super soft and definitely cuts down on the shine (and reduces the need for powder). The bottle is smaller than I expected, and the fact that there is no pump to get the foundation out is mildly annoying, however I can see past these two niggles and say that I would highly recommend this foundation if you are looking for a flawless, matt finish.



Music - Super mainstream of me but it has to be this corker from Taylor Swift. Obviously there is no need for me to explain who Taylor Swift is as I am sure that everybody and their grandmas have heard of her, but I blimmin’ love this song. It is so feel good as well as being great to sing along to. Hate the video though..

Miscellaneous - So, I didn’t stick to my resolution of reading more (woops!) so instead of a favourite book this month I have a ‘random’ favourite to talk about.

This Tobacco and Patchouli The White Stuff candle is amazing. This beautiful smelling candle was a 22nd birthday gift from my amazing cousin, Amy. I have no idea if she will read this but if you are – THANK YOU! I have never smelt a tobacco scented candle before but I have to say it adds such a nice twist to a floral candle. That slightly smoky scent totally changes the aroma and makes it so much cosier. I will be stocking up on these candles for the winter months so I hope they don’t stop selling them any time soon!

I hope you like this post, and I promise I will be back with some more outfit posts soon!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely favourites :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    http://www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be sure to check yours out too
      Beth xx

      Delete