Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Simon Cowell: Style Icon

Scarf - ASOS, Crop top - Missguided, Jacket - All Saints, Trousers - Missguided, Shoes - ASOS

Aloha! Long time, no outfit post. The weather is so temperamental at the moment I have no idea how to dress. This morning I looked out of my window onto beautiful(?!) Selly Oak and, as the sky was blue and the sun was shining bright, I mistakenly thought it would be warmer than 7 degrees. How wrong I was. Not to fear though, as this oversized scarf has been an absolute lifesaver over the past few weeks. It is big enough to wear like a shawl (or, as I experienced, a blanket on a freezing cold train to London) but also small enough to just about be able to shove into a bag for later in the day. I love the pattern on this scarf too, it goes with everything whilst not being boring. I may or may not have four different checked scarves this winter... 

As the title of this post suggests, Simon Cowell was clearly my inspiration for todays attire. These high waisted trousers from Missguided are amazing. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring any belts with me to university so have had to stick with the slightly-too-big, slightly-too-plastic one that came with the trousers but hey ho! No biggie. They are without a doubt the comfiest trousers I have every worn, aside from joggers and PJs. I actually really want to purchase a few other pairs of Missguided trousers, in particular these Marilyn Cigarette Trousers. So keep your eyes peeled for them in a future post! 

This top is also a Missguided purchase and I prefer it about 1000x to my black Topshop alternative. They look almost identical, but the material of this one is just so much more wearable. As a sleeve pusher, the Topshop one drives me crazy as it is so unstretchy that the highest I can push the sleeves is to around 2 cm above my wrist. If I were to purchase any more of this style of top, Missguided would definately be my port of call. 

Once again, I am just wearing my ASOS slip-on plimsolls. Perfect for skipping into a lecture, as I am just about to do! Hope you enjoyed todays post - I should *fingers crossed* be posting more again over the next few weeks, so speak soon! 

1 comment:

  1. Love your scarf! Plaid flannel is my favorite. So pretty!

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete