Friday, 12 December 2014

High Street Picks #2: Christmas Day

Now, Christmas Day is different with every family and person. Ofcourse, most people enjoy a similar Christmas dinner and a good present opening session but everyone has a different taste when it comes to Christmas day attire. Some people spend all day lounging in their comfiest clothes to make sure there's still room for pudding, others like to dress up to the nines! Personally, I spend the morning lounging in my PJs then usually make a bit of an effort for when lunch is ready (usually picking a nice stretchy/oversized dress so that no buttons pop off when I'm on my second round of turkey). Here, I have put together a few different 'mood boards' which may help you when deciding what it is you fancy wearing on the big day!

 The Novelty Christmas Jumper
One - Topshop, Two - Boohoo, Three - ASOS, Four - Next, Five - New Look, Six - BDG at Urban Outfitters

Who doesn't love a good xmas jumper?! Super cosy and ridiculously festive, they are sure to be a winner if you don't want to spend ages deciding what to wear. My personal fave is the green ASOS jumper, how cute?!

Super Sparkles
One - Topshop, Two - Miss Selfridge, Three - Motel , Four - French Connection, Five - H&M, Six - ASOS

Over Christmas I turn into a bit of a magpie. I go into shops and literally pick every single item up that shows a hint of sequins, sparkle or shine (I'm not lying, ask Owen). This is why I believe a bit of glitz to be perfect for Christmas day. I have never worn sequinned trousers but number five are just those, and I really think with a slouchy tee or jumper they would look great. 

Comfy and Cosy 
One - Warehouse, Two - Accessorize, Three - Accessorize, Four - Debenhams, Five - Topshop, Six - ASOS

If I had my way, every day would be a pyjama day. In my opinion, at least Christmas morning should be spent in PJs - all the more room for chocolates. However, if you fancy staying comfy for the rest of the day as well, these sequin joggers are perfect for staying glamorous whilst still feeling like you're in loungewear.

All Dressed Up
One - Missguided, Two - Topshop, Three - ASOS, Four - Zara, Five - Zara, Six - Mango

If you really want to go the whole hog (or turkey, hoho) then some of these items may be just what you are looking for. You can never go wrong with an LBD and this one from Mango is a really flattering shape. If you added the Zara heels, it could also be a Christmas party outfit as well!

I hope this post gave some of you some inspiration for not only Christmas day but for the whole festive period. I, for one, really want the black Topshop jumpsuit in the last post - Cara looks amazing in it!

Hope you're all getting excited for Christmas! Speak soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment