Sunday, 4 January 2015

Happy New Year


As most of you are going to read this on January 5th 2015 I am not sure whether it is still acceptable to say Happy New Year but I'm going to go for it anyway: Happy New Year! I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve and aren't feeling too down about the fact the festive season is almost over (christmas decs down tomorrow everybody!).

I'm not a big 'New Year' kind of girl to be honest...I don't think everything changes over night from 31st December to 1st January. However, it definitely is a time to reflect on the last year and have a think about the year to come. 2014 was a good year for me, I successfully got through my second year of university, I travelled a lot and I've both kept and made great friends! No complaints. Nonetheless, there is always room for improvement, so here are a few things I want to work on for next year:

1) Stress Less Most people that know me know that I am a stress head, especially when it comes to work and exams. I stress, stress and stress some more. Although this works for me in the sense that it makes me work harder, I continue to stress once the work has been handed in or the exam has been completed. This has got to change! I need to live by the 'submit and forget' rule of university I think, and that is going to be one of my aims this year. 

2) Get Fit Ok, ok, I know this is everybody's resolution but I really mean it this year! As this will be the last year of my life as a student I figure I may as well take advantage of all my free time and spend it at the gym. I love spinning classes, but always forget this until I have finished one. My aim is going to be to drag myself out of bed even when I feel least like working out, because, according to that well known fitness quote, "you never regret a work out". 

3) Don't Be Disheartened If one bad thing happens to me, I suddenly tend to think the world is against me. I am not the best at taking criticism and I occasionally I can become a bit of 'glass half empty' person. No more!! 

4) Read More I always promise myself I will do this and I usually fail. But this year, I am really really really going to try! I'm currently 3/4 of the way through Gone Girl (which I have been wanting to read for about a year now) so I am making a good start. (Great book by the way...although I am sure you have all heard that before!). I am really getting into my thrillers, and actually moving away from the chick list, so hopefully this year will be thrilling!

I know it's an awkward number to finish on, but I can't think of five so I am going to stick with just the four. I don't really like to set massive goals and I think these four will keep me occupied enough. Do you have any New Years 'resolutions'?

No comments:

Post a Comment