Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Lace Be Honest...

 Jumper - Hush, Skirt - Topshop, Boots - Next (similar here)

This is another post where I wasn't wearing tights for the photo (so you can see that I am wearing boots), but on my outings later in the day I definitely was. If you are in England at the moment you will know why - it is friggin' freezing! I read the other day (albeit in the Daily Mail) that it was going to reach -15 degrees soon, and that is not the kind of weather suitable for bare legs! 

Anyway, as you can see I am still absolutely loving my over the knee boots. By far one of the most comfortable pairs of boots I've ever worn, easy to get on and off and so good at keeping your legs warm - they are a must buy! However, this post is more about the two items you haven't seen before. My Hush polo neck jumper and my new lacey Topshop skirt. 

This jumper was a Christmas gift from my mum and I love it! It is made of wool and so is super snuggly and the polo neck adds extra warmth. Now I know polo necks/turtle necks/whatever you want to call them are very love/hate (if you're reading this Steph...I'm talking to you!) but they are just so cosy and perfect for winter. I think all those of you who hate them need to turn a new leaf and force yourself to love them! After all, who can resist looking like a Love Actually character for a day. 

Hush is a new online store to me, and I hadn't actually heard of it until my mum bought me this jumper, this bracelet and a few basic vests for Christmas. Unfortunately my bracelet broke quite quickly (I was very upset about this...it's gorgeous!), but the customer service was great and we were given a gift voucher as the bracelet is now out of stock :( I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of some new stock so I can spend the gift voucher on something equally as beautiful. All the clothes on this website are of great quality which I believe justifies the slightly higher-than-highstreet prices and most of them are luxurious wardrobe essentials (tshirts, vests, jumpers, loungewear etc). 

I picked up the skirt in Topshop the other day, I had had my eye on it online for a while and finally caved when I saw it in person. Unlike many other Topshop skirts, this one sits perfectly on the waist without being too short. It'll be great for both winter and summer (not to mention spring and autumn) so I feel it was a worthwhile purchase and definitely got rid of my January blues for at least a few hours. 

I hope you guys aren't suffering from the January blues too much (apparently yesterday was supposed to be the most depressing day of the year!). Let me know your thoughts on polo necks, too!

2 comments:

  1. love the look, especially love the skirt! the lace hem is such a nice detail!


    http://jeansandroses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I agree the lace definitely adds something extra! x

      Delete