Sunday, 18 January 2015

Quick Review: Fujifilm Instax Mini 8

Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 (available here and here, film available here)

Hello all! I have been a bit behind on the blogging front lately due to work deadlines and just generally not dressing that well haha so I thought I would let you know all know that I'm still alive and post a little mini review of this polaroid-esque camera. I received the Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 camera in white for my 22nd birthday back in October and absolutely love it. I already owned the Fuji Instax 210 Camera which, as great as the photos are, is slightly too big to be portable. This is what makes the Mini camera so good - I even took it out in my clutch last night!

The photos are great quality, but also have an almost-airbrushing effect which is never a complaint. One of the problems I have found though, and I believe this to be the case with all the cameras and not just my own, is that it overexposes when a photo is taken outside/in bright light. Due to the camera automatically determining the brightness setting needed, it often determines it wrong and so the flash goes off even when not needed. If any of you do know how to fix this then please let me know! 

The great thing about these instant photo cameras is that you can keep the hardcopies forever. They aren't going to be lost on some old laptop or 'accidentally' deleted. They also make for great decoration, I clip mine up using mini pegs onto the fairy lights in my room - if you don't have fairy lights you could do this with string as well! 

Anyway, all in all I would highly recommend this camera but perhaps only for taking photos indoors (unless of course anybody knows how to fix the automatic brightness settings!) Let me know what cameras you use - I have a bit of a camera obsession! 

No comments:

Post a Comment