Sunday, 25 January 2015

Swinging 60s

Dress - ASOS, Boots - Next (similar here)

Sunday evenings are the worst. Reminiscing over the weekend just past, whilst dreading the week to come they are probably my least favourite time of the week (even though I am still a lazy student, so wouldn't say I have much to 'dread'). However, when you've had a great weekend away, Sunday evenings are even worse.

This weekend I was lucky enough to spend the weekend in the beautiful capital city with Owen (and met my mum on Sunday for brunch!). On Saturday we visited the Saturday Kitchen Studios which was great fun. I may do a blog post on the experience although I'm not sure I got quite enough good quality photos, so we will see. However, I cannot recommend the experience enough (you can book here) and it looks as though the studios, Cactus Kitchen, also do quite a few other cool food-based experiences which you should check out here. Really well organised, and great fun.

Anyway, I wore this outfit out in the evening. Myself and Owen didn't book anywhere to eat (unorganised as per usual) so we just headed off towards Covent Garden. We ended up visiting a pub and then Trip-Advisoring near by places. We read about The Port House and, having decided we quite fancied tapas, we headed on over. Luckily for us they didn't take bookings so we were in luck! The place was pretty big and spread out over 2 floors, we were seated in a little booth on the first floor (unfortunately next to a loud Birthday group...not that we are party poopers) and enjoyed an evening of stuffing our faces with, amongst other things, whitebait, cheese and, my personal favourite, padron peppers.

This outfit reminded me a bit of the style from the 60s - long sleeves, high neckline and a mini hemline. It's a new one from ASOS (snapped up whilst there was a 20% off offer for students) and is from their Petite range. I always find their petite range has the best to offer and, although not technically 'petite' myself, they never seem to be too short so I recommend taking a look. The material feels quite cotton-esque and so the dress itself is comfortable. I paired it, once again, with my over the knee boots - I just can't get enough of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment