Sunday, 1 February 2015

January Favourites

I haven't done a monthly favourites since October so we have a lot to catch up on! Lets crack on...

Clothing
Those of you who have been reading the blog for a month or so will realise that there has been one fairly consistent item of clothing in my outfit posts...yep, you've guessed it (or, more likely, looked at the photo) the OVER THE KNEE BOOTS! Ah man, if you didn't already know, I love these babies. Before I bought them I was unsure of how much wear I would get out of them but after their first outing I couldn't get enough. Warm, flat, comfy, stylish, black...whats not to love?! Although these specific ones from Next are no longer available I have picked out some others that you may like - here, here and here. If you are more of a fan of heeled boots then these or these may be more up your street.

Food
I have become obsessed with these Itsu Noodle Cups. I eat them for lunch whenever I can, adding a bit of spinach and whatever else I have in the fridge as well as maybe a sprinkling of peanuts. I know what you're thinking, "ew, pot noodle" but you are so wrong. These are all natural, gluten free pots of goodness - especially when you add your own veggies (or cooked meat) into the mix. They're super quick and simple to heat, and obviously a major bonus is - no washing up afterwards! I cannot recommend these enough, I have tried all the flavours and love them all although have to say that the Duck cup is my least favourite.

Drink
I go through stages with coffee and I am currently having a bit of a love affair with it. I used to only be able to drink milky, sweet coffees (with gingerbread lattes being a frequent fave) but recently these have been making me feel a bit queasy and all I really want is the proper stuff. I now love a black americano with no sugar (I never thought I would see the day that this would be the case), and my all time favourite is a Flat White. My first ever taste of a flat white was in Australia (it was 'invented' over that side of the world) and now that Costa and Starbucks are serving them I can't get enough. Anyway, when I am not near a cafĂ© I have to make do with my own concoction and atm I am loving this Kenco Smooth Blend, but my all time favourite is Kenco Millicano.

Book
A bit different this month because my favourite book isn't a novel, but more a genre. Healthy cookbooks. I can't get enough of them, the three pictured here (Honestly HealthyDeliciously Ella and I Quit Sugar) along with Hemsley & Hemsley are my most read. Well, thats a bit of a fib as I actually only received Deliciously Ella's book today (a surprise gift from my mum!) but I am sure it is going to be very well used as I have been a fan of Ella's blog for a long time and just know I will love the book just as much. When I can't get my hands on a recipe book (i.e. when I am in lectures) I tend to head over to Pinterest to search out healthy recipes.

Music
I first came across this song after reading about some controversy with the video (read here) but I absolutely love it. It's a really emotive song and I think the video reflects that. I'm sure you have all heard this song before (I am not great at introducing new music into peoples lives lets be honest), but if you haven't then make sure you give it a listen.

Beauty
My favourite beauty item of January are these Eylure Individual False Eyelashes. I usually just add three or four to each eye if I am going out and find they're great at giving your lashes an extra oomph without being too 'in your face' if you know what I mean. They're relatively inexpensive considering the amount you get in a pack and are often included in a deal at Boots and Superdrug so I really recommend picking some up!

Miscellaneous
Bit of a boring miscellaneous favourite this month as it is simply my diary. It isn't necessarily this particular diary (from Paperchase) but more the act of having everything organised in one place. I look at my diary every day to check plans, deadlines and lecture theatres and it really does help me feel more 'sorted' for the day ahead. If you're feeling a bit all over the place after the first month of 2015 then head to your local stationers and pick up a week-to-view diary and suddenly everything will be so much clearer...maybe!

I hope you have enjoyed this months favourites post and have maybe picked up a bit of inspiration for some new things to try or buy. Let me know in the comments if there is anything you think I should try for February!

On a side note, I gained a few new twitter and Instagram followers after my Giveaway post (thanks!) which were some of the criteria for entering. However, many of you still didn't actually click the button which said 'I'm following' in the rafflecopter screen which means that you have not actually entered. The giveaway is still open for another week or so, so if you forgot to click the button to enter then make sure you go back and do so! I wouldn't want you to miss out!


No comments:

Post a Comment