Saturday, 14 February 2015

Kirstenbury 2015


I'm sure you have all heard of Kirstenbury before right? No? Well, think Glastonbury but in a student house in the middle of February! Last night we all gathered to celebrate my friend Kirsten's birthday in true festival style so I thought I would take a few photos and share with you some of the festival outfits of myself and my pals!


Top - Topshop, Jeans - ASOS (in the sale!), Shoes - Converse

May as well start with my outfit eh? Having tried on about 8 outfits before the party, and with my ASOS order not arriving in time, I realised I didn't own many festival-esque clothes. Or I didn't have many in my uni wardrobe in the middle of winter anyway so I had to improvise. I wore this super sparkly top with a great open back (worn before in this post) with some ripped "mom"-ish jeans and ready-muddied converse. I reckon I could get away with this at a festival right?!

Dress - Joules, Shoes - Vagabond

Emily showing us how festival fashion should be done. Her dress, borrowed from Floz, is from Joules and is really beautiful. I never really think to shop at Joules but this dress is fab and I love these classic Breton t-shirts. Em also picked up some gold temporary tattoos (look at her right wrist!) from Primark - we all had a go at them and they looked really cool and were only £1.50 (I think) for a pack of 6 designs. Can't really go wrong! 

 Jen (left): Top - Missguided, Shorts - Topshop (similar here), Wellies - Hunter, Sunglasses - Primark
Robyn (middle): Kimono - ASOS, Shorts - Levis, Necklace - ASOS

Robyn and Jen also have festival fashion down to a tee complete with sunglasses and lanyards. Vintage Levis shorts are always a hit in festival season, and paired with a fringed kimono the look is a sure fire winner. 

Top - Topshop (out of stock unfortunately, similar here), Dungarees - Topshop (similar here and here), Shoes - Converse

Katherine always looks like a babe and last night was no exception. Dungarees, shorts or full length, are a great shout for a festival look and the addition of a Tikka headpiece adds to the hippy feel. Having been to Delhi in the summer Katherine picked up a tip from the pros at keeping these headpieces in place - use eyelash glue to keep them in position on your forehead. Genius!

Top - ASOS, Hairband - Primark (similar here), Shoes - Topshop

Ella looked just like a fairy princess in her outfit. Can you believe her headband was from Primark?! Looks way more expensive! A big floral crown is an essential festival accessory - along with a trilby of course. 

Kaftan - Primark

The beaudiful birthday girl herself looked amaaaaazing in this kaftan (with an H&M skirt underneath). Accessorised with gold tattoos, plenty of jewellery and very happy boyfriend.

Top - Topshop, Disco Pants - American Apparel, Headband - Primark

I didn't manage to get a proper picture of Floz's outfit but I found this photo of her looking like a rose between two (or should that be three?) thorns on my phone. Floz always manages to find the best sale bargains and this top is a great example of her sale shopping skills! Why can I never find good things in the sale?!

So, there we go! Aren't my friends gorgeous?! If this post doesn't get you excited for summer and for actual, real life festivals then I don't know what will! Thank you so much Kirsten for the party, and thank you to everyone I managed to coax into having outfit photos taken! 

I will be announcing the winner of my giveaway in my next post and if you fancy it don't forget to follow me over on Bloglovin' (I'm on 99 followers and the OCD in me really wants to reach 100 haha). Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment