Sunday, 29 March 2015

His 'n' Hers Stripes


You guys are in for a real treat today - you are witnessing Owen's debut into modelling. I managed to rope my boyfriend-come-photographer into appearing in a bit of a new feature...a bit of 'His 'n' Hers' outfit styling. Now, I can't guarantee this will be a permanent feature over here on Bdazzles but you never know, there may be a few more of them if you guys like it and if I can persuade Owen.

Shirt - House of Fraser*, Jeans - ASOS, Sunglasses -  Ray-ban, Tshirt - Topman, Boat Shoes - River Island

So, the idea for this 'his 'n' hers' post came about when House of Fraser contacted me about doing a collaboration and gifted me this lovleh shirt for Owen. After convincing him to appear on the blog, we then decided to make it into more of a 'thing', so that we'd both style a similar outfit and see what the end product looked like...and here it is! Also, for all my male readers out there (if there is any of you!) I thought it would be nice to have a bit of a mix-up so you can get some style inspo too!

Unfortunately Owen's reluctance at being photographed does kiiindof show but its fine, it kiiindof works. He paired his stripes with a simple t-shirt underneath to make it a bit more casual, popped on his standard black jeans and wore his boat shoes. Boat shoes/deck shoes are a blimmin' great smart/casual summer shoe and these ones from River Island are perfect.


Shirt - Maison Scotch (similar here), Jeans - Missguided, Shoes - Converse

The weather was quite nice on Friday when we took these photos which is why we both look pretty summery. It was the first outing of the year for the ol' white jeans. Wearing white jeans is actually a big life decision - that constant fear of spilling something/someone spilling something on you takes over your entire day. Nevertheless, I powered through and managed to get to at least 5PM without splattering anything on them (go me!). I absolutely love this Maison Scotch shirt but unfortunately they no longer sell it. Sorry guys, although they do still have some cracking' shirts - I love this one.

Let me know if you like the idea of this post and if you want Owen to feature some more! 

7 comments:

  1. Looks slightly overcast to me, Beth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth, I'm inclined to agree with Sara here. Looking at the Met forecast for Friday there appears to be a 70% chance of precipitation. Don't think the sunny g's would have got a lot of use. Regardless, fantastic blog, keep it going ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, as a trained meteorologist working for ITV, I will have to disagree with you there. I can confirm that there was indeed some sun on Friday. Sunglasses would have necessary to protect your eyes from those harmful UV rays. You never can be too careful, hey Beth? Sara, will you be attending this years EMS conference? http://www.ems2015.eu/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Preach sister! You never can be too careful!! I am indeed in attendance. I've heard the dinner afterwards is pirate themed so I'll have to see what I've got in the way of eye patches, skull and cross bones or flags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I have heard Sara. Maybe Beth could do a piece on pirate party outfits, what do you say Beth?
    Also, did you see the article in the Sunday Express in November about my fashion tips? http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/style/541120/ITV-weather-presenter-Lucy-Verasamy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sara, Lucy and Michael! Lovely to have such big name meteorologists on the blog - didn't think scouring the net for small time style blogs on a Sunday afternoon would be your kind of thing (especially you, Michael!). What a coincidence that you all found my little blog on the same day as well - great timing and thanks for stopping by! Sara you are right, it was a little overcast by the time I got round to taking these photos but believe me when I say it was sunnier earlier on in the day :) Also great article Lucy - I, too, love Zara and your vintage watch is really nice. I'll have a think about doing a post on pirate party costumes but just incase I don't get round to it, maybe something like this would be suitable? http://www.partyrama.co.uk/fancy-dress/childrens/pirate-captain-costume-for-9-12-year-olds/?gclid=CLLbpfjxzcQCFc7LtAodbkwA6g#fo_c=488&fo_k=78066f642c18a375fb6d89a0c27d97af&fo_s=gplauk
    Let me know what you think, Beth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth, Sorry for the delay in replying! As you can imagine we've been inundated in the office after the recent storm. High pressure over the east coast, low pressure over the west, it has been chaos!! I am slightly concerned the outfit you have suggested may not fit as it is for 9-12 year olds. I am not quite as svelte as I was at secondary school. Were Lucy and I taking our children with us to this conference then maybe it would work. Have you any other suggestions?

    ReplyDelete